Sunday, April 02, 2006

All packed

I've pulled everything together -- including my dust masks and safety goggles -- and I think I'm ready for this adventure.

This will be my first trip to New Orleans proper post-Katrina. I'm lucky because I get to see the good that's going on. I'll be following a group of folks from Broadmoor Baptist, who are giving up their Spring Break to help in the recovery effort. In a couple of weeks their story will appear in the pages of The Times. In the meantime this blog will give you some more immediate glaces at what's to come.

All I know right now is that we'll be based out of Celebration Church in Metairie. From there the group has a three-fold mission: to work in the distribution center operated by the church, to go into the community to help people clean up their homes and to help the church with its own repairs. Other than that, well, we'll just have to see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home